Nothing like being compared to a piece of fruit, right? Apples. Pears. I don't know who came up with these names, but I do know lots of tips on accentuating the features you want to flaunt.
So What Exactly is an Apple Body Shape?
The fashion industry defines apple body type as someone who has an average to big bust, broad shoulders, narrow hips, good legs, and have a fuller, less defined midsection.
The styling goals for this body shape will be to elongate the torso, draw attention to your legs, and create the illusion of a waist.
Looks to Invest In:
- V and wide necklines
- Empire cut tops and dresses (such as the Paisley Raye Dahlia)
- Knee length A-line skirts (such as the Paisley Raye Bloom)
- Wrap dresses with A-line or slightly flared bottom (such as the Paisley Raye Petunia)
- Boot-cut or straight leg jeans and pants (such as Paisley Raye Pixies)
- Statement necklaces and dangly jewelry
Styles to Stay Away From:
- High waisted pants and skirts
- Heavy detailing around the waist
- Boxy clothes
In the end, these are really just suggestions. If you try something on that doesn't line up with any of the guidelines above and you love it, then rock it. You feeling amazing in the clothes you wear is the only thing that matters. The only opinion that matters about the clothes you wear is yours!
Remember, life is too short to wear boring clothes!!
Share this post
- Tags: style tips