Did you know that the fashion industry creates women's clothing designs based on the hourglass shape, yet only 8% of the population has that body type?? So if you're one of the lucky 8%, rock on you lucky bitch!
So what exactly is an hourglass body type?
To be considered hourglass means that your measurements are well proportioned. Full bust, well defined narrow waist, proportionately balanced shoulders and hips, rounded bottom, and very curvy body.
The styling goals for you body type are to highlight your natural killer curves and flaunt your well-defined waist.
Looks you'll want to invest in:
- Scoop, Sweetheart, Halter, and V-necklines
- Wrap tops and dresses. The Paisley Raye Petunia Wrap Dress would be a great option
- Waist-defined tops and jackets
- Full circle, A-line, and knee length Pencil skirts. The Paisley Raye Bloom skirt is the perfect circle skirt, and even has pockets!
- Peplum tops, dresses, and skirts
- Belts to accentuate the waist
- Bootcut and straight leg jeans and pants
Looks you'll want to stay away from:
- High necklines
- Low rise jeans
- Overly embellished dresses and skirts
- Empire cut tops and dresses
- Tops with volume enhancing details like ruffles and bows
- Straight or boxy tunics and tops
Hopefully this gives you some ideas of what to look for to make sure you accentuate the natural beauty of your body type. For more fashion tips, styling ideas, and first look at all new Paisley Raye styles, join my community group!
Share this post
- Tags: style tips